Version 1 [10 MB]
This Book is the subject of a course by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.
This course will mainly use Shaykh Muhammad Sa`id Ramadan al-Buti’s, Jurisprudence of the Prophetic Biography (whose title should have ideally been rendered into English as Lessons from the Life of the Prophet) to look into the Prophet’s life in detail. Shaykh Buti’s text is widely regarded as one of the best Prophetic biographies written in the 20th century and one of the most beneficial ever. Shaykh Buti goes beyond mere narration of the events of the Prophet’s life to look at the lessons and ‘religious understanding’ that can be gleamed from it.
This is an Ideal Book to Learn about
- the nature, need, and purpose of revelation and prophethood
- Arabia and the world before the birth of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him
- the life of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, up to the beginning of revelation
- the beginning of Revelation and the quiet calling
- the open calling up to migration
- migration and settling in Medina
- establishing Medinan society
- the Prophetic wars
- the opening of Mecca and the final years
- the Prophetic example
- key lessons from the Prophet’s life
About The Author Dr M Sa’id Ramadan al Buti
- Born in 1929 in the village of Jilka in the Turkish boundaries, north of Iraq and immigrated to Damascus
- Completed his legal secondary study in the Institute of Islamic Guidance in Damascus, and joined the faculty of religion at Al-Azhar University.
- Appointed as dean in the faculty of religion at Damascus University in 1960, and deputed to Al-Azhar University to attain doctorate in the roots of the Islamic law.
- Appointed as instructor in the college of law of Damascus University in 1965, as a deputy of the college later on and as its dean in the end.
- Participated, in many global conferences and symposia, and is, in addition, a member in the royal society of the Islamic Civilization Researches in Amman, and member in the higher board of Oxford academy.